View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #12
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I bought the power steering cooler kit from the other thread from him, was a good sale. Probably with a garage full of stuff, that underdrive pulley just never sold the first time and then sat for a long time. Then this time it got posted for sale and got sold outside the forum and got a little weird... I'm glad to see TRS has added the holes now which makes it easier to counterhold the pulley.

I've got the RSS pulley installed, felt like a nice little boost, but what a hassle sawing off that boss with a small hacksaw... I got mine for about that same price second hand.

EBS (a well respected name in Porsche) looks like they ave a kit now with an intro price that is close to the price from this thread:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Boxster-Cayman-996-Performance-Underdrive-Pulley-Kit/112529147463?hash=item1a33428647:g:vfoAAOSwTtpZlc4 V&vxp=mtr

Edit: Looks like there is a fib on that listing though, says "no modifications required", unless this pulley is nearly as big as stock it isn't going to clear that boss...
I'd be concerned about stress cracks in all those spokes.