View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
AZ986S

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Awesome, and it is very educational and interesting to see when the accusump fires, at this track it seems to be the right/left combo right after start/finish? Looks like it was doing a good job and keeping the pressure from dropping too much. Congrats at getting ready to move to DE4, is it like NASA where they have DE1-4 with 4 being the highest?
Steve, I'm including the AZ PCA run group definitions below (from 2016). They may have a DE-5 now, but I'm not certain. I will likely have to get an official check ride or prior approval from the CDI before I can run in DE-4. Since the next event is in the fall and I have a few months to go, I will likely install racing seats and 6 point harnesses with HANS. An yes, the Accusump was firing on the slow right hand to left hand accelerating turn combo. 2nd gear might be better to keep oil pressure up somewhat, and I tried that on occasion. It would also occasionaly fire on sharp right or left handers. "Smoothness" seems to be a big part of the equation. I'm definitely sold on Accusump, short of a dry sump system.

"Student (DE-1): First-timers. Must have an Instructor. Passing with instructor permission only on the main straights. Ask for instructor if you have no previous experience with the PCA.

Beginner (DE-2): Limited experience. Limited passing allowed on main straights. Please wave-by passing car. Instructors are a good idea. Ask for instructor if you have no previous experience with the PCA or have not been on this track.

Intermediate (DE-3): Limited Passing on all straights with caution. Please wave by passing car. Instructors are a good idea. Ask for instructor if you have no previous experience with the PCA or have not been on this track.

Advanced & Instructors (DE-4): By Invitation Only. Passing is permitted in all areas. Please wave cars by. Do not contest corners. No racing. Five-point belts strongly recommended. Advanced driving permit/wristband required."
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 03-12-2018 at 09:55 AM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote