View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 03:58 AM   #23
z12358

I'm reading some pretty strong opinions on the steering wheels. When I test drove both the base and the S (and the 997 coupe, back to back, in that order), both Boxsters had the base "triangle" wheel (I think the 997, too). Couldn't find anyting to complain about it both esthetically and functionally so an upgrade wouldn't have been on my list. The Box S I ended up getting (from inventory) ended up having the sport wheel (the one with thumb padding and a round center) and I am starting to appreciate it more each time I drive the car. It really feels very good in my hands and those thumb pads do help in involved driving with your hands locked in the 9-3 position.

On another note. Purely based on the test drive which was a perfect mix of straight driving and hilly twisties, I'd have still picked the Box S over the 997, even if the 997 sold at the same price to the Box S. Actually, after the 997 drive I was 100% sure that I was getting the Box S.

I believe that a not too optioned Box S (and especially the 07 with the 3.4L engine), if you can keep it well under $60k, is the best bang for the buck out there in the sports cars category, bar none. So, jcoari, congrats again on making a very wise decision.

Last edited by z12358; 08-31-2006 at 04:05 AM.
z12358 is offline   Reply With Quote