View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #19
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
not sure what the frunk carpet has to do with anything - electric ps pump will mount up where the cd changer sits no problem. electric ps requires significant fabrication - hoses, pump mounting bracket; not for the timid. or you can go manual - i did, no big deal.

ac can go without affecting heat or fan. just realise that you can delete ac or can delete ps, but if you delete both then you need to install a dummy pulley (or gut your ps pump - i have a gutted pump i can send you if you like). note that deleting ac is not just about weight; with the condensors gone you get a lot more airflow over the rads.

a lot of other places to save weight - airbags, stereo and speakers, seats, wheels, 2-piece rotors, suspension, exhaust, charcoal canister and smog pump, carpets, insulation, bumpers, spare tire, battery, roof motor, carbon hood, flywheel, skinnier gf, ... dude, i removed the struts that hold up my trunk and use a tent pole that i leave on the tarmac when i go out on the track.
Hmmm? Manual? Did you have to replace the rack? That is an intriguing idea. I could care less about power steering.

I'm not quite ready for the full gut. I need to keep a few "creature comforts" for those weekend drives. What I should do is just buy a cheapy and do a build. Years ago I tried that with a 911 SC, man that got $$$$$$ fast! Lot's of great advice guys! Thanks!
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote