View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #8
Dr. Acula

Yes, cleaning is definitely smart. I didn't show that explicitly in the video because it is very straightforward.

I rinse mine with only water when washing the car, and I never take the car through automatic car washes.

When it's time to waterproof it, I use the 303 cleaner and horsehair brush. It's the only time soap touches the roof.

A lint roller is a great idea. My car has lots of lint on the top, which I attribute to using a fabric car cover rather often. I don't have a lint roller but I have used packing tape before to clean the lint off. The lint comes back so quickly with the car cover, I gave up trying to keep it off.

By the way, I don't remember if I left this in the video or edited it out, but ...

If anyone is wondering, "should I use 303 Fabric Protectant or should I use Raggtopp" , the answer is ...

Yes.

They are both awesome and you'll hear nothing bad about either one. I just happen to use 303, but Raggtopp is just as good. Chemical Guys brand has an excellent reputation but I haven't researched their top protectant yet. I would assume it is as good as the rest of their products.

Oh, and DON'T buy the 303 Vinyl Protectant. They look similar, but our tops are fabric, not vinyl.

Last edited by Dr. Acula; 03-07-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Dr. Acula is offline   Reply With Quote