View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:27 AM   #5
Brian in Tucson

No the next step is to take the injectors back to the shop that cleaned and calibrated. I wouldn't actually replace your used injectors with more used injector. Go new or go home.

Injectors are pretty simple--I clean my own with carb cleaner, compressed air, and a 9v battery to actuate each one. You can test whether an individual injector is firing with a 9v battery. On most vehicles used on the road, they are self cleaning tho, and can be maintained with Chevron Techron either as a gas additive or in their brand of expensive gas.

They were working before they were cleaned. I would check out that they're fully seated in the intakes and fully seated in the fuel rail. The new o-rings can be difficult to set if they're put in dry--a bit of WD40 helps. Check the connectors and clean with contact cleaner (CRC is available at auto parts stores & Walmart.) Be sure that the connectors are fully seated, too. Is he using all the wire clips? You would have to consciously try to connect them in the wrong order. The wires point to where they need to be plugged in.

I'd be very surprised if the injectors were at fault.

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 03-05-2018 at 05:37 AM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote