View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #494
geraintthomas

I’VE DONE IT!

I’ve managed to edit the Kernel and flash a custom start image, rather than the android one! I’m not talking about the boot animation, I mean the ugly ‘Android Lollipop’ image before the animation that you’re not supposed to change.

Lots of work, including literally re-writing numbers in the kernel and using a terminal on the device, as you can see:

Looks complicated, it absolutely was. But the result is this:

https://youtu.be/97NJs7Sxi08

Looks almost exactly the same as the boot of the 991’s radio’s.

I’ve also finished my Torque theme, for anyone who wants it:

And finally, it’s installed into the dash:

It’s brilliant. The screen saver where it just displays the amber ‘Porsche’ logo is really nice on they eyes in the night. I’m going to add a reverse camera and DAB soon (both of which the radio is capable off out of the box). I’m struggling to think of what this radio isn’t capable of now for the money it’s outstanding.

So that’s it in terms of the radio! I still haven’t had chance to fix the AOS or subframe, it’s just been far too cold, snowy or rainy. I wish I had a garage…

But yeah, if anyone wants the Torque theme, feel free to message me!

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote