View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
CrisZenithBlue

refurbished injectors now car wont run

need some help ladies and gents.

very quick background: i've been having a couple of codes related to long term trim being off for a while now and after doing MAF replacement, spark plugs, coils, check for vacuum leaks and everything else i could do myself i decided to check the injectors as that could be one of the causes for the issues i've been having.

left my 2000 2.7l with my mechanic to take out the injectors for refurbishment as i dont have the space or time. i had a local company that was recommended do a full clean and calibration on them. most of them were a bit off, two of them more than the others but as per the sheet i got back from the "injector guy" they were all at 100% after he finished with them.

now my mechanic puts them back in and the car sounds like its running on just a couple of cylinders. he thinks the injectors are not working. on the right side of the engine only the middle cylinder was firing so he moved the injector to another cylinder and then that one started working.

could it be that the guy who refurbished them ruined some of the injectors or is that a long shot?
could it be that my mechanic connected the wires to each injector in the wrong order? does that even matter like on cars with a carburetor and distributor where if you dont get the order right the engine doesn't fire correctly?
does it matter if he put each injector in it's original cylinder or are they all the same? he did mark the cylinder number on each but put them back in a random order.

any input would be much appreciated as i try to find out who dropped the ball.

thanks,

Cristian
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote