View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #10
Boxstard

My trunk floor got wet again, this time from 6 in snow covered the car then melted, and wet spot was just in the right corner area.

Lifted the carpet and metal floor is rather dry everywhere, so I ruled out the leak from the spoiler drain or somewhere from up front. Water I guess dripped from above, then it got to be through the weatherstrip around the trunk. No obvious cut/ rip, and trunk lid shows dark witnessmark of contact.

I’m Wondering if the weatherstrip is aged/ compressesed to produce less contact pressure? When I place a thin plastic bag cut into a strip over the weatherstrip then close the lid, I can pull it out relatively smooth and easy. I wonder if someone with dry trunk can do this test and see how strong the contact pressure should be???
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!

Last edited by Boxstard; 03-04-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote