View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #18
super66

actually your 3rd post

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt
hello, this is my first post, and I just purchased my first ever Porsche, a 2001 Speed Yellow Boxster S with only 7600 miles, 18" Porsche 10-spoke wheels, Pirelli P Zeros ..what a great car!! the handling is so tight, the smooth accelleration, ...great car!... anyway, you guys already know these are great cars, thats why you're here. ...my question: how gentle do I need to be with the clutch? , in order to transition smoothly thru the gears, I have to let the clutch out somewhat slowly, not REAL slowly, but I can't just pop my foot off between 1 and second for example, is this bad on the clutch? if I release the clutch very quickly the shift is jerky and seems harsh on the car, are my RPMs wrong or am I OK letting the clutch out a little slowly?
posted three times but I'm having problems to with an error page....but I have an 05 box and I have the same thing, the shift from 1st to 2nd is ridiculously picky!! sometimes I wonder if I'm a complete idiot shifting.....the shift from 2nd to 3rd can everyonce in a while have a little jerk but I found on my car the clutch has to come out slowly for it to be smooth.....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote