View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 04:06 AM   #493
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool73 View Post
I've had 2 android head units so far and didn't need to do any of that. Maybe because I have an old Box without MOST? But the speaker and power/acc etc wires are all there already, just snipped the old connector off, crimped the wires onto a couple of standard ISO10487 audio/power plugs and plugged them into the new unit.

Old unit was a 2 year old Joying, new one is an octacore Xtrons with Oreo and it's a beast! Google Maps works fine, as does Assistant, can say 'Hey google, navigate home' and it fires up maps and starts reading out directions! Even has picture in picture so the map hovers over the radio or whatever.

Be interested in your custom Torque skin if you're sharing it when it's done?
Of course, I'll upload all of my Torque dashboard/skin as soon as I'm done fiddling with it!

Yeah mine has the MOST setup so it needed quite a bit of bodging I was going to flash it and put Android 7 on it (and am still thinking of it) but the UI would totally change, and I'm not sure I want to have a different one as I really, really like this one.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote