Thread: Oh Oh
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #10
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by flouese View Post
You've inspired me. I am 62, not retired (I do not have permission from my wife yet). I have all the requisite tools, less taller jack stands but I can make something tall and stable enough. My current motor has 171+k miles on it, so it probably is tired. I don't want to let go of this car, so I might give it a whirl. There is more than likely enough folks here that can bail me out via this forum if I find my self in trouble. I became one with my 912 the first time I did a complete rebuild on its motor, so why not have the same experience with this one. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going for it. BTW where did you source your engine from?
Good! I did mine completely by myself, btw, no one helped me.

Here's the source of my engine. My experience with him (so far) is that he's pretty much on the up & up. I got a used top (w/ frame) from him, too. I picked mine up at the Fedex LTL dock so it was pretty reasonable shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Boxster-986-1997-99-2-5L-Complete-Engine-Motor-70k-Leakdown-Tested-4-6/152824845989?fits=Make%3APorsche&hash=item23951216a5:g:7~cAAOSw7z1aL0H-

BTW, the air jack & the tall jackstands (6 ton) are available at Harbor Freight and are definitely worth having.

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 03-02-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote