View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #14
jcoari

z12358:
Forgot to ask, did you test drive the 07 S back to back with the 05/06 S, and if yes, what were your impressions? How noticable are the 6% engine size and 5% HP increases?

I actually didn't test drive the two back to back. They only had an '07 tip, and I was only interested in a manual. When you start comparing manual '06 vs tip '07, there are too many performance variables to consider to get a true feel of the differences.

In a way, I think it was more a mind thing for me than anything else....although I do believe I would have been able to feel the torque slightly. I also considered the fact that when and if I decide to sell the car down the road, I'd like to have the bigger engine feature with an '07. Similar to if I went shopping today for used 911's, and was considering 99-01 (smaller engine) vs. 02-04 (bigger engine) model years.

From a break-in stand point, I do plan to go easy on this technical tour de force for the first couple thousand miles, but might do a little sampling of the higher revs from time to time. IMHO as long as the car is sufficiently and thoroughly warmed up, I'm not going to do any permanent damage if I take it 5-6k a few times before 2K miles. Would love to find that thread though that was mentioned about the tecnicalities of it all.
jcoari is offline   Reply With Quote