View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
AZ986S

COTA with MVP Track Time

So I drove out to COTA last week for a day (2/23) at COTA with MVP Track Time on my 02 Boxster S. 1,000 miles! But it was worth it.

This was my very first experience at COTA. What a great track and facility, but it had been raining all night and early morning with lots of fog, so it was not looking good. Fortunately, the rain subsided and the track was partially dry by late afternoon during my 3rd session, then almost dry on my 4th and last session of the day. Looking at the video, I was definitely holding back because of the wet track, especially after the guy in front of me in a Miata spun around on the track on the very first turn right in front of me on the first session... and not to mention the $1,200 per linear foot it costs you if you damage the railing... but I still have a ton to improve on for next time! Had a chance to talk to a super nice Tom Stephens with his TuneRS SPB Boxster getting ready for next weekend's PCA race @ COTA.

https://youtu.be/Vkdl2PUTw5Q
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 02-27-2018 at 06:43 AM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote