View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
jstoddard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug427 View Post
I know, it's kind of a dummy question, but it's genuine. I have never worked with a double DIN radio, and I have never worked with the radio in a Boxster (986). Rather than start blindly prying on brittle plastic trim pieces and pulling and prying on the radio, better to fall on my sword and ask. What is the best way to get this thing out of there????

I know the single DIN uses the tools that slide in the sides to release it. This is a motorized face older unit (Eclipse AVN6620). I don't see anything resembling those slots on this radio. I can easily wire it correctly, but I have no idea how to get it out without likely damaging something. Crazy but true.......

Any help is greatly appreciated.

At least on mine, the plastic piece surrounding the double din radio is just press fit inset from the horseshoe surround. I would try a small flathead on the lower edge and see if you can pull it out slightly. From there it should come off and you will likely see 4 small screws holding it in. Take those out and the radio should slide out

Jeff
jstoddard is offline   Reply With Quote