View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #11
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
+1 to everything BirdDog posted.

I have the Autel MD802 and it will work well. I also have a Chinese Clone of the Durametric that I used a few times, then put away.
The Autel is easy to use, works on a broad variety of vehicles and does not require a separate computer.
A genuine Durametric is a very useful tool in the right hands. It's Porsche specific and can do a lot more than the Autel MD802, but takes a lot more knowledge and skill to use effectively.

There is certainly no harm in doing a proper drain and flush of the fluid. Just the time and expense of doing it over again if you have to go further into the transmission for the repair.

Quote:
...not taking it back to the garage that "fixed" my coolant leak seeing as within 40 miles I went from a PERFECT transmission to a dead one.
I have heard that over-heated transmission fluid will cause problems. Do you know what repair was done by the garage? Do you know if the transmission cooling system is intact and operating correctly?

Last edited by 78F350; 02-21-2018 at 11:24 AM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote