View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
Bob O

A year ago March, I bought my 01 with 24.000 miles on it, from a used car dealership in Pittsburgh. I had a ppi done BUT,, when i got home (900 miles) the front tires were completely worn out.. it was wayyyyyyyyy out of alignment. Cost $220, plus new tires. The air bag light woulnd't go out (disclosed but not a concern to me). Cost - gratis from dealer. A few other small problems showed up a little while later. Did I have any recourse? NO. Did I expect any? NO. And neither should your buyer

I've bought and sold a lot of cars over the years, both individually and through dealers. Always, when I've bought a car from an individual there was something!!! small or not, that needed fixing. Its ONE reason that you can usually get a car cheaper through an individual than through a dealer, there's no warranty buying a car through an individual. And unless your state has some weird laws regarding private sales, you have absolutely NO obligation to buy it back (lacking fraud) Sounds like buyer's remorse to me. Sorry Charlie.

$5,000 for the repairs you listed????? That's completely outrageous! And as was stated, who knows what he's done with the car since its been in his possession? DO NOT give him his money back.

OH.. and ppi means PRE purchase inspection.. Not POST purchase inspection.

Bob
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote