View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
xr_guys

Hi 78F350,

Thank you for your response, my suspicion is right that was the module for the tiptronic transmission.

It would be nice to reuse the 2003 harness since i already have everything prepared. I also have a 7.8 DME arriving this week. I still need the additional information where i could or could not reuse the 2003 harness with deleted automatic module?

In addition, the water mix issue is a big mess, the car was parked since 2016. Due to the oil on the water line almost all rubber hoses are damage from the oil. Also confirmed the cause of the heating. The radiators are obstructed with dirt and leaves, i urges everyone to inspect your radiators and clean them properly. You'll need to remove the front bumper and hydraulic radiators to proper clean out debris hidden in between. Unfortunately, the water hosing outside the bumper scheme is not sufficient.

On the donor engine. i found some water pump impeller debris inside the oil cooler. looks like the donor engine also suffer from water pump failure at some point. This issue of partial impeller getting lodge inside the engine is real. I opted to use metal version to avoid previous issue. I would rather have some gouges on my block than plastic debris stock somewhere inside my engine, just my opinion.

Thanks,
XR
xr_guys is offline   Reply With Quote