View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #12
Sammy

I'm with the consensus in that the car is now the new owner's problem. It's the risk of buying a used car.

$5,000 for the repairs??? I think it's been exagerated or it's absolutely ridiculous for the items you listed. I don't think any of that you should feel guilty about. If the car needs an alignment it should've shown up when the guy test drove it or looked at the tires. If not, than maybe he hit something on the way home? Parking brake needs adjustment? Does it not work??? Even so, how much could this possibly cost, $100 if done at a Porsche dealer? Battery vent tube is missing? Is this even worth mentioning? Go buy the $2 worth of hose and replace it! The right rear strut may leak but it's a 99 for crying out loud! The RMS is the only thing I have no idea how much it would cost to replace but for $5,000 you should get a rebuilt engine with the RMS seal.

Bottom line... TOUGH DOG DOOKY to the new owner!!! I think he got cold feet once he got the car home and is trying to guilt you into taking it back. I'm a firm believer in making things right but this seems a bit much...
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote