View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 05:44 PM   #9
aesir

Quote:
Originally posted by QporscheQ
Surprisingly, the Mr. Clean Auto-Dry works very well.

However, the commercials where the guy just hoses off his car and walks away are obviously BS. I guess if you really don’t care how your car looks and "good enough is good enough" than it will do. However, if you want your car spotless than you will probably still need to hand dry the car. I feel what the Mr. Clean really buys you is time, especially if you have a black car and try to wash it in the sun. The main problem I have had with spots while using it is that pollen in the air will still collect in the water on the car and spot if you don’t get it dry in time.

You can select between a normal spray (unfiltered), a soapy spray, or the filtered spray. It also has an on/off switch to control the water. I feel the soap spray part is not terribly useful. The unfiltered spay comes out pretty hard depending on how high you have your facet cranked, and the filtered spray is more of a strong mist since the water is being pushed through a filter.

I guess the bottom line here is whether or not I would recommend it and for that I would definitely answer YES. I was the first person I knew to get one and I felt like you guys before I purchased it. The next weekend after I bought mine and used it, two of my car buddies (SLK AMG and RX8) went out and bought their own. I think it was $20 at Wal-Mart.
Well for $20, I'll give it a shot, but I was under the impression it was $50 for some reason...

Loved the car, but it was time to get something practical.
2005 Acura TL Nav
Nighthawk Black Pearl on Black
aesir is offline   Reply With Quote