View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 12:30 AM   #3
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapister View Post
Those 2 codes are referencing both banks 1,2 lean condition. Hissing does sound to be most likely vacuum leak after the maf. Did you check the hoses between the T and plenum? You are most likely introducing unmetered air thru a leak
Already checked the codes and found that it meant too much air, so I've suspected a leak. I've checked the hoses, all seems okay. The hissing sound seems to be coming from here:

That's why I was thinking it may be that little valve on top, but I'll check. I'm going to take the engine cover off behind the seats to get a front-on look at the engine to see if I can see anything else.

The other thing is that I may be chasing a leak that doesn't exist. The sound could be normal, and it could be something else causing the codes and rough idle.

What could it be?

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote