View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #6
Oldcarguy

Well, I think I owe an apology to Borla. Pulled my Borla exhaust today in prep for the Brombacher install, did my whack test again with the Borla suspended several different ways free standing and . . . no vibrations, solid as a rock. Hmmm, back under the car and I discovered the vibration appears to be from the heat shield immediately in back of and above the Borla’s right can location. Oops, too bad the Brombacher is already on order (not )

Anyway, because the Borla seems a-ok I’ll put it up for sale at some point. It’s a drone king at any rate and I’ll recommend to anyone who purchases it to at least weld in the crossover pipe in an attempt to quell the drone. If I had more time, I’d experiment myself just for grins but the to-do list is stacking up with spring on the horizon (kart prep for the 2018 season, visitors, etc.). Here’s a pic I snapped today:

More to come when the Brombacher arrives. Until then I’ll just keep watching the YouTube vids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 02-13-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote