View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
Doug427

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
That thing is shot. I've tried repairing them when they're not nearly that bad and had little luck.
I'll send you some details via private message later, but the cheapest will be the cost of a good used immobilizer and an EEPROM read/write tool.
You're a genius, sir!
You had the problem called right on the spot without even seeing the car. I've spent the last 45 min or so VERY gently dabbing, not wiping, the dirt and corrosion away from this board using alcohol, Q-tips and even my wife's makeup brush. Wow, is she gonna be pissed off! The board actually looks pretty good.

While I don't know much about electronics, I do know that what the board looks like has little to do with how it works. I have little hope that this thing will actually work. The question is, what is the risk, if any, of making 100% sure it's dry, then plugging it back in, hooking up the leads to the box and the power seat so I don't get a airbag light, hook the battery back up and turn on the key to see what if anything I have? Can I cause further damage, assuming the board is completely dry?

As far as getting a used one, that may be tough to find. Other than Woody, I wouldn't know where to score one. I checked with Woody already as a pre-emptive strike and he has none available.

As far as a EEPROM read/write tool, what it is, what it does and how you use it......darned if I know! Guess I better get studying!
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote