View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
Jgkram

Tough Day No Start

Ok, read a lot of posts and tried to sort through this myself now need a little help please.

Replaced brake switch to pass inspection. Started car briefly just to check lights. Turned off but smelled strong gas oder, thought nothing of it. Went to start next morning and crank but no start. Hmmm...started reading the forum.

Tested fuel pump operation by jumpering pins 30 & 87 on fuel pump relay. Could hear the pump running while I was in the footwell and through the filler neck. Next, pulled a coil pack, stuffed a plug in it and tested for spark. Got a nice blue spark. Thought, well isn't this nice. Tried to start again. Got crank but no start. Instruments tick slightly when key is turned (like normal) but when cranking I get no movement on the tach needle. It stays dead still. No CEL thrown.

Lastly put a multimeter on the CPS but I think I had my leads wrong. However I got no reading. I would discount this part for now as I need to repeat the sensor check and make sure my leads were set up correctly.

Thoughts before I send this off to the mechanic? I really want to win this one myself so all help appreciated.
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote