View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #113
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
A little update:
The rear bumper and tail pipe claim – I did my own estimate for repairs and had my wife contact the shipping company. They agreed to my figure, out of pocket from the driver rather than through insurance. I am still waiting for the money.

I think I'll repair the bumper myself, and if the result isn't satisfactory, take it to the shop after. I have a decent spray set-up and a bumper is a lot easier than a whole car.

The original muffler has a lot of water trapped, and it will take a long time to get it all out. Rather than deal with that now, I installed another S muffler with the two round tail pipes.
Future? Maybe buy the SE tail pipe, or maybe get a lighter aftermarket exhaust.

I'm working through some of the electrical issues now. Most of the electrical motors that got wet, failed. The rear spoiler and trunk latch motors have been replaced. The SAI blower , the top motor, the HVAC blower; All bad. The passenger side window motor was shorted internally and constantly drawing power.

Much of the rest is good. The ABS/PSM was having a code because I forgot to put the PSM fuses in. HVAC control, lighting (except right tail bulbs), instruments, and controls, are all good. All indications are that the airbag system will be good after I install both seats and reset the module. Even the original battery is recharged and working fine so far.

The engine is running great. Oil samples look good since cleaning the sump. I took a short drive around the neighborhood. It pulled hard and felt good.

I have new rear control arms and drop links ordered and already replaced the broken track arm with one that I had from my parts car.

Over the next few days, I'll get the electronics sorted out better, put the interior back in, and get the title and tags done by Friday. Once it is on the road, I'm going to drive it for a few hundred miles and check it out before I pull it apart again for further repairs and cleaning.