View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
Doug427

Power windows dead - anyone know of a step by step diagnostic procedure

Just bought a '02 S. The power windows are completely dead. The only sign of life is a tiny drop in the passenger side window when the door opens, maybe 1/4" at most. Other than that, nothing. I checked the C3 and D1 fuses. Both are good, and there is power at the respective fuse terminals. As best I can tell the "immoblizer" has not been wet. When I raised the top a little while ago, I thought I heard a click or thunk inside the drivers door, but I can't be certain. I know some people mention interior light issues when discussing power window issues. My interior lights are not working either, if that matters.

There some info on the forum here, but it's kind of scattershot. Is anyone aware of a real step by step "try this, then try this next, then this....." type of organized diagnostic procedure? Sort of a "check for voltage here. If it's there, move to this component next and check for voltage here", and so on. Electrical is my weakest area. I know the windows were working a week or two ago, and now they're not. Both are dead. Is there a relay somewhere?

I'm lost and don't know where to start. Any help at all will be gratefully appreciated.
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote