View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #18
paulofto
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson View Post

You assume I never lived in the north. I grew up in Michigan, back when the snow load was much heavier than it is now. Our second car was VW Bug, which unlike our Boxsters didn't have any real heating system.

& I went to college at WSU in Pullman WA. Never had a 4wd til I moved to (retired) to Tucson.

I've lived in places where people had SNOW CARS, not me, but in the west I carried chains and had either studded snow tires or walnut retread snow tires.

As others have pointed out, tho, the OP was writing from FL. So suggesting that he get it out and drive it like it was designed to do wasn't that far off base.

In Tucson, we have a season when the top doesn't come down--it's called Summer and the low temp at night can be in the 90's and the high is most always above or way above 100.
Yes, preparing and driving any vehicle for winter can be done. Heck, I had a Fiat X 1/9 while living in Edmonton for 6 years in the '80's. It was my only car so I pretty much had to do it. But now I do have a winter beater so the Boxster gets to hibernate.

And I agree, if I had a Boxster in Florida I wouldn't store it. I'd drive it.

Anyway, only 2 months till spring.:dance:
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote