View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 06:08 AM   #16
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Brian, come spend some time up here in The Great White North. You wouldn't last 5 minutes. When you watch the Super Bowl today from Minneapolis and you keep hearing how cold it is picture being 8 hours drive further north where I am.

Today it is -24 C (-11.2 F) and -37 C (-35 F) with the wind chill. It looks great outside with the sun shining and clear sky but it ain't Boxster weather.

You are lucky to live in a part of the world where you can drive your Boxster everyday.

Only 2 months till Spring

You assume I never lived in the north. I grew up in Michigan, back when the snow load was much heavier than it is now. Our second car was VW Bug, which unlike our Boxsters didn't have any real heating system.

& I went to college at WSU in Pullman WA. Never had a 4wd til I moved to (retired) to Tucson.

I've lived in places where people had SNOW CARS, not me, but in the west I carried chains and had either studded snow tires or walnut retread snow tires.

As others have pointed out, tho, the OP was writing from FL. So suggesting that he get it out and drive it like it was designed to do wasn't that far off base.

In Tucson, we have a season when the top doesn't come down--it's called Summer and the low temp at night can be in the 90's and the high is most always above or way above 100.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote