View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #14
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
+1 for what JFP, Mike and others have said regarding storage. My Boxster is stored from ~nov to ~apr. If there are any Boxster projects to be done, that’s when I do them in its r21 insulated, room finished 45,000 btu, 24’x24’ heated garage. Why? Because we today have a high of 27F (19F with wind chill), it’s snowing like a fiend with more than 6” on the ground already and my tire warranty is void if I drive in weather colder than 45F. We’ve already had many days this winter where the high never reached 0F actual. The coldest day of last winter was -23F actual (-29F with wind chill).

Even if I had snows w/dedicated 18” narrow rims on it as our S5 and Explo do, it’d never make it down our 1/2 mile private road because of the ground clearance (sometimes a problem for the S5 which is a snow beast with the Blizzaks) then there’s the calcium chloride to deal with on the maintained roads.

So that’s what I’m saving it for Enjoy your great winter driving weather
OP is located in FL...

I'm in NE snowbelt and stil. daily driving my Boxster this winter. With dedicated snow tires, it drives amazingly well, stable, predictable and tons of fun!

My car is lowered with H&R springs so only limitation is the ground clearance, but so far no issues cutting through 4 inches of snow and extreme cold temp down -25F. I learned that SAI does not turn on at cold temp (-15C IIRC) by design, glad it was not broken after my repair last winter with new valves.

I just drive it and not worried...
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote