View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #105
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
... (details about Marvel Mystery Oil) ... Have a question as a non US residential: are there any given time limits by the US government to get a rebuilt title for a car?

Regards, Markus
Markus, thank you for the information about the chemical composition.

In the USA, the Federal Government sets automotive safety and environmental standards, but each state determines how they will comply. Oklahoma is the most unrestricted state I have lived in.
Here, there is no safety or emissions testing on cars. For a normal car, you just pay a fee and they check the VIN to verify it is correct.
For a car over 10 years old that has a salvage title (and not labeled 'non-reparable'), all I have to do to get a 'rebuilt title' is bring the car so they can verify the VIN, and show paperwork indicating that repairs have been made.
The reason that I was trying to do it quickly is because if I do not transfer the title into my name within 30 days of the purchase, there is a fine.

Last edited by 78F350; 02-04-2018 at 07:14 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote