View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
"It's amazing how much better the car is once it's breathing correctly..."

MN: I couldn't agree with you more!

larez2: Yes, I changed all of the sensors at once. I probably could have learned something by changing the MAF and the O2's separately, but I just wanted to be done with it.

I did occasionally get a CEL (1128 & 1130). While trying to diagnose this problem months ago, I cleaned my old MAF and experienced a noticeable difference in performance. I later believed I solved the problem by replacing my air/oil separator, which had a torn bellows. I'm not sure what else malfunctions with the AOS, but I was getting a tremendous amount of smoke on start-up.

I knew by cleaning the MAF I could get a performance increase, so I just decided to put in a new one. No evidence that any of the O2 sensors were bad, but decided to put in 4 fresh sensors before a problem developed.

I bought the MAF from Sunset Imports for $273.64. I went with them because they had the original sensor for my car (996-606-124-00) and I wouldn't need to go to the dealer for an ECU upgrade (thanks edevlin for the Sunset information).

I bought the O2 sensors from the cheapest sources I could find. The "after cat" sensors came from Autozone.com (Bosch 15183) for $113.99 each. The "pre cat" sensors came from ********************************az (Bosch 15182) for $133.94 each. Both pair were drop-shipped directly to me from Bosch in Atlanta, GA.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote