View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 07:18 AM   #1
mikeyg

Driver door 1/4 inch drop failure (and horn beeps when locking!)

Hi guys.
So, got my Boxster back from repair today after it spewed it's coolant all over.
Had it 3 months and it's been in the shop for 2 of them for one thing or another!

Time to tackle some annoying problems.

I've an issue that has grown worse over the 3 months.
When it works fine, I'd unlock the car with a single press to the button and the window would drop a little when I raised the handle with no beeping from the car.
Same as when I'd leave. I'd pull the handle from inside, it would lower the window, I'd get out, one press after closing the door and the car would lock - no beeps.

Occasionally, When I'd come to unlock it, it would unlock, give 2 quick beeps on the horn but when I pulled the handle, the window wouldn't drop 1/4 inch.
After locking/unlocking a couple of times, it would unlock with no beep and then the window would drop as usual.

At the minute, it's constantly beeping and not dropping the window either when I try to get out after finishing the drive and locking up or returning to the car to get in.
The window works fine in every other way.
It drops when unlocking the roof, it drops and closes on normal opening using the buttons.
I currently have to drop the window manually a little bit, get out, lock the car holding in the key button which shuts the window again!!
All a bit of a faff which hopefully can be easily fixed.
The passenger side drops the 1/4 inch every time and given the driver window works in every other way mechanically, I'm (stupidly) confident this time it might not cost the earth and I'll be able to have a go at fixing myself??
The locking/unlocking and beeping is driving me mad. Getting sick of people looking round whenever this beeping goes off.

hopefully someone can yet again come to my aid!

Mike
mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote