Thread: Tire /Rim size
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #10
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomak View Post
. . . I did install them not like everyone else has installed side skirts.which is I followed that body line that's just under the door oem rocker panel.I think gives a factory look. Every other rocker panel ive seen install they install it under that line/groove so its noticeable..even on 911's....
Exactly! I want to disappear the groove also. When I did the test fit I was able to get good fitment just like you did (top of TA rocker panel at the edge of the lower door sill fold, following the curve up of the sill fold at the rear of the door). This fitment gave me perfect alignment/contact at the weld fold at the bottom of the factory rocker panel also. It seems the TAs are one of the few designed to fit this way. Also the flare up at the rear of the TAs lead well into the rear bumper cover contours. A very clean look IMHO. I’m going to give them a shot this spring.

Thanks for the info!
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 01-28-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote