View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 10:15 AM   #16
Erlinrys

For All the Nay Sayers - "Never Take "NO" as an Answer!"

Hey Guys,

A month after all the triumphs my 986 is on the road running strong and ready for day-to-day drives!!!

It sounds Nasty, and I will book it into the shop for the minor skirt incident.

After a couple mods, I was able to utilize my tip tranny from the 98 986 and swapped in the 2.7. We did need to modify the throttle from egas to 98 throttle system. Modified the injectors, intake, and other minor modifications in which required to take a minor step back, in order to create a custom fit.

Engine sounds obnoxious with the headers, custom exhaust, electric cut out, and other minor mods.

Happy Porsche! And F all the Nayers!!! Because I am sayer!!! haha jk..

Since you have taken your time to share information with me, I would like to share my story in how you and I connected.

Here is my story…….

I started this crazy engine swap from my 2.5 engine to 2.7 engine because I overheated my 57k Boxster engine. I needed to swap it out, knowing how expensive it was going to be I started my search for engines. I found one in Chicago, with close to similar miles, 10k plus, from a 100 r5 star review, Ebay Porsche Seller, and he also included all the four clips of the suspension. Since I also experienced a minor curb bump to the wheels and suspension in the driver side as you will see in the image of my Boxster at Porsche Bethesda.

Thousand, and thousands and thousandths of dollars later, and after all the “NAY, Sayers” in which my setup was not going to work, was able to get her running and sounding like a beast!

I finally booked her into Porsche Bethesda (one of our local service centers) to top her fluids, she’s back home.

I am also booking her into the body shop this week in order to repair the minor skirt incident, and the “one" matching wheel shall arrive within the next couple days, along with other minor mods.

Attached see the images when an officer securely delivered her to me. See images of triumphs during the swap process, her sitting happily inside the new 4 level Porsche Bethesda Facility, in our local Rockville Service Area.

That is my 986 welcome story, for trying to save a buck, she became stuck! Now, I am pleasing her with all the services to keep her running better and faster and unique, she’s my “UNICORN!."

Sorry, i am unable to add images, But i will figure it out. If not I can email them to you upon your request. Or, if anyone needs help in the swap from 98 Boxster to 2.7 I think I can provide material information for your swap.
Erlinrys is offline   Reply With Quote