View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #41
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidyashankara View Post
Hey guys, Sorry to bring up this old post.

I have the same problem with the SAI system. Both P1410 and 1411 codes are on. The OEM check valve and change over valves are expensive.

Particlewave, I know you confirmed the Mercedes MTC3095 was a perfect fit for the check value in 986. Can you confirm if the mercedes part for the change over value is also a good fit? The part looks different. How did you make it fit? Do you have pictures you can share?
NEW MERCEDES AIR VALVE 380SLC 380SEL 380SL 380SEC 420SEL 190E OE # 000-140-77-60 | eBay

Also, any update on your little hack on fooling the DME during cold starts? do you have it up and running?
I fixed my SAI last winter, not knowning cheaper MB parts... That changeover valve should work, only the difference is the 90-deg orientation of small nipple but you will be fine with enough length silicone hose.

Did you check if the vacuum reservoir is holding vacuum and the solenoid switch is functioning to apply vacuum to the changeover valve?

This winter I noticed that my SAI motor was running erratically and got CEL... but it was just a fuse on its last leg... New fuse was all it took.

Good luck!
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote