View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
After replacing my ver.00 AOS with a new Porsche Genuine AOS ver.01 I was disappointed to find that the new AOS was still reading between 6.21 and 7.28 WC. Pretty much what the old one was reading. Here’s my original thread:

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it??

Not trusting my $35 manometer, I ordered a Fieldpiece manometer. With the Fieldpiece my new AOS is reading in the high fives cold and 5.32 - 5.41 warm. The cheap manometer is off by ~1WC

JPF indicated that anything above 5.0 warm is candidate for replacement. The Pelican article says 4-7 is ok. I think I’m going to call it good at 5.32, watching for symptoms and monitoring WC regularly. I really don’t want to go back in and risk breaking the AOS plastic squeeze clamps unless I really need to.

What do you guys think???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
4-7 is OK on a cold start, but 5 is our limit warmed up. Yours is marginal, so I would leave it alone, but check it regularly to see if starts going up.

Nice manometer by-the-by.....

Last edited by JFP in PA; 01-26-2018 at 02:42 PM.
JFP in PA is online now   Reply With Quote