View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 06:10 PM   #66
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
Pardon if this suggestion is beyond obvious, but if you get to the point when you would like to try to start the car, I would have all the nonessential electronics disconnected and then start adding them back in one at a time (or add "donor" components)....
That sounds good. At first, only essentials in the car, then rather than putting the original stuff back in, I'll use my spares (as much as possible). After I know the basic systems and are harness good, I'll switch in the original equipment one by one (the parts that cleaned up and looked good).

So far I have done much of what Markus suggested, except I haven't applied power to the car yet. I put power directly to the starter with the intake and throttle body removed. First with the spark plugs out, then later with the spark plugs in. All of this with the exhaust drained and open and fresh oil with anti rust additive (marine oil).

I pushed other my project car out of the garage today, but still need to clean up and organize my junk before the Houston SE goes in.

My grandson (6 years old) will be visiting this weekend, so probably not much progress unless he wants to play with cars.

Last edited by 78F350; 01-25-2018 at 08:34 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote