View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #3972
sfkjeld

Garage
iPhone integration method

I have been using the Proclip iPhone mounts in my cars for years. They are designed specifically for each model year for most cars. Once in place, they stay in place and setting the phone in, is easy with one hand. But the Proclip mount options for a 986 and I think all Boxsters, were clumsy. So I bought a Din cover from eBay and attached the mount to it. I swapped out the silly CD holder. Now I have access to Siri with a push of a button. Hands free phone, texting, turn by turn directions and my iPhone music. All the while, the iPhone is on the charger.

About the Continental radio which I found in the Forum. It is inexpensive and a pretty cheap radio. Had issues with radio frequency interference when on weak FM stations. It was from my iPhone charger. One that worked fine with all my OEM car radios. Replaced the charger with a more expensive one and the interference is now gone. Another note about this Continental radio; when on the freeway with the top down, the built it phone mic in the radio works surprisingly well. Was able to carry on a conversation at freeway speed. Did not expect that.

Last edited by sfkjeld; 01-24-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the radio type
sfkjeld is offline   Reply With Quote