View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #34
flynavyj

Ok - so I did my test drive today.

Car was flawless - felt absolutely great. Good power deliver, no strange noises, no creaks, clutch engagement is a few inches from bottom of travel. Just fantastic, everything worked (heat, a/c, heated seats, etc). No rattles from the top when retracted, just a solid car. And the engine note from the intake is fantastic!!!!

We've got a PPI scheduled for Tuesday, and if all goes well I'll be a Porsche owner!

Curious about one thing. The car is a 2002 with black gauges, which have the little windows below the Speedometer and Fuel/Coolant Temp. Right now, the coolant temp side displays time, and the speedometer side shows speed. I've seen some cars (pre and post 2002) display speed on the larger screen directly under the tach, and I'm wondering if this car does that or not.

It only has three stalks on the steering column, so it may not be compatible to relocate the displays. Is that the case? I attached a photo below of the instrument cluster.

Oh, and BTW we decided to do a mini-PPI in the garage. Got the car up in the air, crawled around under the engine/transmission looking for leaks. Opened up the top engine cover, and forward engine cover. Went through the books of maintenance completed by the previous owners through the dealerships, along with maintenance completed by the current owner. Car looks very solid. PPI will be able to identify if there are any suspension problems (we noted none during the test drive) and of course any issues with steering (noted none during the test drive as well). These cars rock!!!!

Last edited by flynavyj; 01-20-2018 at 03:46 PM.
flynavyj is offline   Reply With Quote