View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 02:05 PM   #5
MWS

Sorry, on this one I'd have to give it a thumbs down. This look just doesn't work for me, but then again, it just me. If you like it, go for it.

Regarding the EAS...I think this should be phased out. In today's hyper-connected world, in the event of an emergency, chances are you would know before an EAS message. I've always thought that the "test" message should read: THIS IS ONLY A TEST. IN THE EVENT OF A REAL EMERGENCY, YOU WOULD ALREADY KNOW....WHICH MAKES US REDUNDANT. WE NOW RETURN YOU TO REGULAR PROGRAMMING, THAT IN THE EVENT OF AN ACTUAL EMERGENCY WOULD HAVE BEEN PROVIDING MUCH BETTER INFORMATION, WHICH WE WOULD HAVE CUT OFF. ALSO, WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS OUTDATED PROGRAM WITH YOUR TAX DOLLARS. THIS MESSAGE WILL NOW REPEAT THREE TIMES, AND WE WILL BE RUNNING THIS TEST AGAIN TOMORROW. WHY? BECAUSE WE CAN, AND YOU CANT STOP US.

Sorry... too great of a segue. BTW, you should close out your top thread with final thoughts, impressions and headaches. I would be interested to hear if you would do it again, and what it's like to live with.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote