View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 06:01 AM   #5
Dave80GTSi

I am currently running one of these Dansk hot dogs, and I really do like it.

I also ran, as an experiment, another muffler style which seems similar to those eBay cheap systems which everyone claims drone badly (but not for me - more later on this).

I weighed each carefully before installation.

The OEM stock muffler weighs 34 pounds.
The Dansk muffler weight 29 pounds.
The "Drone Clone" that I used weighed 20 pounds.

To my taste, the OEM muffler is just too heavy and seems the most flow restrictive. See picture that someone else has created, showing the back-and-forth exhaust gas paths.

I was surprised that the Dansk was not lighter than it turned out to be. But it is definitely much more compact in size, and that's a big positive for me.

Obviously, the "D.C." system weighed the least and seems like the least restrictive to flow.

The "Rest Of The Story" is that as a trial I currently have no cats whatsoever on my car, so the muffler serves as the only flow restriction from the engine to the atmosphere. And for this situation, I find the Dansk best suits my personal taste as being neither too loud nor not too quiet.

The "D.C." system, acting alone as noted, is a bit too loud for my preference. But it would probably be just about right for an otherwise stock car with all four (4) cats intact and working. I cannot speak to the "Drone" aspects of this one with cats, but for a straight thru system such as I have am currently running, I did not note any such concerns.

So, each to their own personal taste here.

Hope this helps - DM

Last edited by Dave80GTSi; 01-19-2018 at 06:03 AM.
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote