View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
rick3000
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
My levers no longer "click" into place, I think it might be age related. If the levers are pushed in as far as possible and parallel with the side of the hardtop, I have never had one come loose. I have a section on my website for adjusting the hardtop, here's that info.
Quote:
Adjustment
Hardtops tend to 'settle' on the car they are installed on, which means used tops often need to be adjusted, especially for the first few weeks after being installed. There are two types of adjustments that may be necessary, adjusting the window tracks and the body.

Window Adjustment
If the windows are not aligning vertically with the hardtop, you may need to adjust the door window regulator. If the windows are not aligning with the hardtop track horizantally, you can adjust the window seal tracks. To do this, place the hardtop upside down on a soft surface (carpet, grass, etc), and carefully pull the rubber window seal out of its metal track. Beginning near the spinlock lever, you should should see two screws under the rubber. Loosen the screws and adjust the seal track as necessary and retighten. Then replace the rubber seal into the metal track. I used a flathead screwdriver to help replace the seal into the track.

Body Adjustment
Adjusting the hardtop is important to help reduce exessive squeaking and/or wind noise caused by poor fitment. I repeated this process several times the first few weeks after I installed my hardtop, as it was settling to my car. I also repeat this process when I reinstall the hardtop if it has been off the car for an extended period.

Inside the hardtop on each side, just above the spinlock levers there are two plastic covers that pop out to reveak three hex head bolts. To adjust the hardtop, secure the A-pillar clamp, then loosen the hex bolts on each side of the top. Have an assistant push forward and down as hard as possible on the hardtop, and tighten the bolts on each side. You may want to lock/unlock the spinlock levers while doing this. Repeat as necessary.

Last edited by rick3000; 01-17-2018 at 09:47 PM.
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote