View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #31
flynavyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsy4771 View Post
I have enjoyed this thread because I'm in a similar boat but 12 months behind you. I have similar concerns with maintenance and have around the same budget. I test drove a '03 back in the Fall and fell in love with it but I needed to save more.

I was wondering how the PPI process works. Did the owner give any resistance? How did you pick the shop? Is he taking the car to the shop?

Best of luck and I'm living vicariously through you right now. I'm looking forward to when I get post I have scheduled a PPI.
I assume like you, i've done tons of reading. The car I found had a pretty decent history and that has eased some stress. The car was maintained at the dealership until the most recent owner took possession (just under two years ago) and he's done quite a bit of maintenance himself and seems like a true enthusiast.

When I mentioned the PPI, he didn't even blink. So I named a couple shops, he'd obviously been to one of the independent dealerships before with his previous porsche, and I believe had his PPI done there as well. My plan is to combine the actual test drive on the way to the PPI, along with the required safety and emissions testing. Sadly right now, we're waiting for good weather, lol...who buys a two seat convertible in January?

Something else amazing, when checking my insurance rates. Going from my 1992 Camaro RS to the 2002 Porsche Boxster actually decreased the insurance costs by a few dollars a year. But I'm gonna pay a few $ more in personal property taxes I'm sure. Even still - very happy to be progressing through this experience.
flynavyj is offline   Reply With Quote