View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 AM   #29
gsy4771

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
OMG - the one I saw today was beautiful...dark blue, blue top, gray interior...great condition.

Owner has done the recent maintenance since buying the car. IMS bearing and oiler system installed, new clutch, new hydraulic fluid, new throwout bearing, new rear main seal, new serpentine belt, new lower control arms, newer tires...and simply beautiful condition inside, and out. Love it, love it, love it!

Was snowing today, so we didn't take it out. Did start it, which it did easy and seemed to run well. Gonna try to drive it later this week when the weather clears up. OMG, so excited to drive it.

Our curveball now - wife has apparently gotten more enthusiastic of buying a new home....meanwhile, i'm in the corner screaming, "I WANNA PORSCHE!!!"

---edit----update

Wife and I discussed the new home scenario, and we were able to plan that out a bit further. Porsche was green lighted and pending a Pre-Buy Inspection (yet to schedule) the car I saw yesterday is MINE! Owner and I agreed on price today, think we're all set to go. Stoked!!!
I have enjoyed this thread because I'm in a similar boat but 12 months behind you. I have similar concerns with maintenance and have around the same budget. I test drove a '03 back in the Fall and fell in love with it but I needed to save more.

I was wondering how the PPI process works. Did the owner give any resistance? How did you pick the shop? Is he taking the car to the shop?

Best of luck and I'm living vicariously through you right now. I'm looking forward to when I get post I have scheduled a PPI.
gsy4771 is offline   Reply With Quote