View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
Quadcammer

some dme assistance, very odd issue

Gents,
I have a 99 boxster with a 3.2L from a 2001 boxster s. The car runs the standard 99 5.2.2 dme and associated wiring harness with the new motor. Everything was plug and play, only change was the addition of the resonance flap in the intake which was wired as per the pelican instructions.

The dme was updated by softronic for the swapped engine.

The car runs good, no check engine lights or driveability issues generally. Revs to 7200 rpm when a standard fuel cut limiter is introduced.

After exactly 30 minutes of run time, however, the car will start to break up at about 6000-6200rpm and will not rev through that rpm. With this exception it runs totally normal otherwise. If you stop, turn the engine off, and restart, the car has no issues until another 30 min.

Battery voltage is good
Maf flow voltage appears normal and the maf was swapped for a known good unit with no change
Maf is in the 3.25" sampling tube from a 987
02 sensors new and reporting fine
Crank sensor new
Fuel filter new, no apparent fuel pump issues
Engine coolant temp reporting normally
Engine oil level reporting normally
Hitting the lower rev limiter has no effect on overrev counter
Tps replaced by known good unit
No apparent vacuum leaks as per smoke test

Im absolutely befuddled and it leads me right to the Dme work but scott at softronic denies its a dme or software issue.
The indy i occadionally use seems to be out of their depth and not super willing to help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote