View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #20
mikefocke

My car was put on the rack before any work was done and the results of that test were what ultimately determined if it was to be repaired or sent to a breakers. There are two ways of measuring, a physical measurement using a Porsche supplied jig and a laser machine comparing results against a data base. My accident repair estimate on the front (driveable) that I mentally calculated at $3k based on prior vehicles was over $26k done right at a shop that handled Ferraris and other $100k+ cars.

When I look at the suspension damage you had it is much more serious in its implications than mine was. Forces sufficient to wipe out the suspension on one side could transfer all the way to the other. And affect suspension, transmission and engine mounting points on the chassis which are the items you want to know about before bothering with the suspension. After all, there are rear ends from any Boxster in a breakers yard that could be totally swapped in for almost trivial costs IF the suspension mounts are true. The cosmetic stuff is just that. It is how everything will mount and if the crash protection during the next accident that you worry about. Good luck.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote