View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:33 PM   #20
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
. . . May try to make a tool to ‘presqueeze’ the top and bottom of the connector so I can use my hand to pull it away . . .
Boom! Rocked into the garage today with an idea and had the bottom AOS ribbed hose with integrated connector off in under a minute using only, wait for it, my ‘magic wand’ (aka the BFScrewdriver) and a very small slotted screwdriver:

When you squeeze the integrated connector, it deforms into an oval theoretically releasing the two small clamps on each side from the AOS allowing you to pull the hose free (you squeeze on the top and bottom, not the sides as I am doing here):

On the lower hose, I couldn’t make this happen from above or below the engine. No room to squeeze the top and bottom at the same time while pulling the hose off of the AOS. By inserting a small flat head screwdriver on each side of the connector and rotating gently/slightly while lightly prying the hose away from the AOS using my BFS, the clamps disengaged and hose came off with no problem. Here’s an example using the top hose showing the place to disengage the clamp on one side

When removing the hose, you can’t pry with the BFS against the connector ring (it distorts the connector and the clamps reengage) you have to move further down the hose and pry against the hose rib using the AOS as your fulcrum while you rotate the small screwdriver to disengage the clamps.

WARNING - attempt at your own risk. The connector is an integral part of the AOS hose. If you break it (and you easily can) your hose is toast and you’ve just created serious work and expense for yourself (especially for the bottom hose).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 01-09-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote