View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 04:31 AM   #7
DaveBBOXSTER

Garage
Thanks particlewave,
Yes you may be right that the CLU is at fault...although the CLU and all around it is very dry and I even put a fan heater into car interior this morning and dried the whole interior area and took it for a 10 mile drive to heat it all up it drives as great as ever. BUT the heated mirrors are on when the car is running and the wipers would stay on (regardless of the switch position) so had to leave 25 Amp fuse out.
BUT a new symptom was found in that the radio worked but cut off after say 10 minutes with 4 loud beeps (as if to warn me or say it was stopping - never ever had that before) Kept putting it on about four times to check this fault had not gone.

I am reluctant to change the ignition switch and confused about needing a new set of keys or even how to get it out. I don't understand how it could be faulty if the car starts and runs OK? But I would rather it be that than the CLU they are £600 new from Porsche in UK also I looked at second hand ones when the thing was flooded before and it needs to be set up with the keys at Porsche...
DaveBBOXSTER is offline   Reply With Quote