View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 01:17 AM   #17
Traco

I’m the other side of the pond but when I was looking there were 3 cars on my list. 986, S2000 and Z4. All roadsters and similar performance. Brief was summer weekend toy, convertible, good to tour in and capable of being tracked a few times a year.

Z4 didn’t cut it at all. Loved the S2000 but much smaller inside than the 986 but an incredible engine, better gearbox than the 986. It was a fantastic car. Tested a 2.7 and it didn’t do it for me so was about to pull the trigger on the Honda but said I should test a Boxster S to rule it out.

The rest as they say is history. Looking back I think there must have been something wrong with the 2.7 as it was dull while the S was an event.

So for me the torque won out, easy to drive on motorways with little fuss. Torque let’s it pull with regular traffic from any revs. Also much roomier and better finished than the S2000. More upmarket if thy makes sense and a nicer place to cover distances in. BTW I’m 6’4” and 250lbs and I find it fine room wise. A bit more would be nicer but it’s definitely not an issue. I think people get surprised when I get out of it and stand up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote