View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #61
dghii

Thank you.

Even though I'm in NW FL, the weather has been unseasonably cold the last few days, with lows in the 20's and high in the ~40 degree range, I know lots of folks have it much worse.

I've lived with crappy heat in the car for many years. I just put up with it as the car is not a daily driver anymore (retirement) and we just don't have many extended cold snaps. Usually, we'd get a cold snap, i'd think about this repair and then procrastinate and put it off for no good reason.

With holiday company gone, I decided this afternoon to find this thread and seal up the holes in the deflection panels. I've replaced my radio and had my dash and console parts apart in the past so I wasn't too worried about completing the repair.

Needless to say, I was blown away with the 'after' heat performance...simply night and day difference. I followed 87F350's direction and was able to duct tape all the holes. I was even able to reach the two inner panels without too much difficulty. I can't claim all my tape pieces are perfect and without wrinkles but all the holes are covered and the ductwork is taped back up and looks no worse for wear (thank you black duct tape).

Should have done this years ago! BTW, there was no sign of foam on any of the panels anymore...
Thanks again for the great write up!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote